Avocados are packed with good fats and fiber, which means they help you stay full longer," says Charlotte Roberts, a registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator with Cedars-Sinai. "They're also a great source of vitamins." Avocados are packed with healthy fats, dietary fiber, and other goodies your body needs.
for 6 servings
- 2 cups water (480 mL)
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed (170 g)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped (80 g)
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 ripe avocados, pits removed and diced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pepper, to taste
- In a small saucepan, bring the water and a pinch of salt to a boil. Add the quinoa, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the water is absorbed. Transfer to a medium bowl to cool to room temperature, then fluff the quinoa.
- Refrigerate the quinoa for 20 minutes.
- Add the spinach, cucumber, tomatoes, and avocado to the bowl of quinoa and mix to combine.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper, and mix well.